Mindfulness is defined as simply being purposeful and present in your head and workspace. It can be described as an inward and outward awareness of yourself, others and your surroundings. Mindfulness is about being intentional. When you practice mindfulness at home or mindfulness in the workplace, you’ll be a better version of you.
Why is mindfulness in the workplace so important?
Mindfulness in the workplace is becoming more important as we transform from a manufacturing to a knowledge-based economy. In a manufacturing economy, the body was the primary means of production. But in a knowledge economy, it is the brain.
Employees are more stressed than ever. According to a survey conducted by LinkedIn, nearly half of workers today feel stress in their jobs, with 70% of them feeling it from their workload and work-life balance. Reports saying that 23% of employees feel burnout at work very often or always, while an additional 44% reports feeling it sometimes.
They have Distractions and Anxiety! To overcome these
ALL EMPLOYEES SHOULD BE TRAINED TO FOLLOW MINDFULNESS
Simple steps to follow the MindFulness :
- Mindfulness meditation is a mental training practice that teaches you to slow down racing thoughts, let go of negativity, and calm both your mind and body.
Daily 5 minutes of Meditation before starting our work
- Pay attention - It’s hard to slow down and notice things in a busy world. Try to take the time to experience your environment with all of your senses — touch, sound, sight, smell and taste.
Look at the SunRise and Sunset! Appreciate a beauty of Full Moon & Crescent moon
- Live in the moment. Try to intentionally bring an open, accepting and discerning attention to everything you do. Find joy in simple pleasures.
"SAY HURRAY! YES! I DID IT!"
- Accept yourself. Treat yourself the way you would treat a good friend.
"Remember the Positive things about yourself!"
- Focus on your breathing. When you have negative thoughts, try to sit down, take a deep breath and close your eyes. Focus on your breath as it moves in and out of your body. Sitting and breathing for even just a minute can help.
"Simply, say, feel and do!"
“BREATHE IN” “BREATHE OUT”
- Mindful eating (i.e., paying attention to our food, on purpose, moment by moment, without judgment) is an approach to food that focuses on individuals' sensual awareness of the food and their experience of the food.
“HEALTHY FOOD HEALTHY MIND”
Stay Disconnected. Disconnect yourself from the World (stress, failures, anxiety, current problem, thinking about future)
Enable your “Performance mode” and write your code! Think it! And make it a Disruptive one!
Health and Fitness!
Walking, lifting weights, doing chores – it's all good. Regardless of what you do, regular exercise and physical activity is the path to health and well-being. Exercise burns fat, builds muscle, lowers cholesterol, eases stress and anxiety, let us sleep restfully. It helps you be more focused and increases your Mental and Physical health.
“Get up early! Do some moves”
Today, we have conducted the Mindfulness Program in Our Office SRIKESH INFOTECH
We have done 10 minutes of Guided meditation, attended 10 minutes of Fun Brain storming session and 10 minutes of Discussion to follow MINDFULNESS in our way!
Please check the Simple Steps which was proposed by our Employees! And Get benefitted!
Srikesh InfoTech India, that specialized in providing cost-effective ERP solutions and Offshore development for companies across the world since the year 2008. We have 15+ years of technical and functional experience in providing ultimate ERP customization and implementation support and services over 20+ countries. Our Odoo Addons were purchased by 75+Countries worldwide.